The City of West Chicago remains committed to maintaining and improving its water treatment and distribution systems. In demonstrating this commitment, the City routinely tests tap water according to USEPA and IEPA health standards. In addition, its water treatment plant, which is now into its ninth year of operation, is allowing the City to meet the drinking water quality standards set forth by the USEPA.
2016 Water Quality Report – .pdf 1.5MB
- To assure proper working condition for fire protection purposes.
- To assure the best possible quality of water to our residents and business.
If you encounter stained laundry as a result of fire hydrant flushing, stop by City Hall or call the Utility Division, (630) 293-2255 to receive cleaning agents.
From May 15 through September 15, the outside use of unattended running water from a hose or sprinkling system, for the purpose of watering or sprinkling of lawns and gardens, is limited to the following:
- Outside use of unattended running water for buildings which bear odd-numbered street addresses is permitted only on the days of the month having an odd number.
- Outside use of unattended running water for buildings which bear even-numbered street addresses is permitted only on the days of the month having an even number.
- The following exception is permitted: watering of sod and/or newly seeded lawns for a two-week period following authorization by the Water Utility Superintendent.
In the event of a water supply emergency, the City Administrator may request a City wide lawn or garden sprinkling restriction.