August 10, 2017
This newsletter is to inform you that the 2017 Crack Sealing Program is tentatively scheduled to begin Monday, August 21, 2017. Construction is scheduled to be completed by Friday, September 8, 2017.
The program consists of crack sealing various streets throughout the City. Project locations, depending on volume of cracks to be sealed, the application rates applied, and budget, may include:
- Turner Court between Main Street and Washington Street
- Main Street between Wilson Avenue and IL Route 59
- Galena Street between High Street and Fulton Street
- Powis Road between IL Route 64 and Smith Road
- St. Andrews Subdivision
- Smith Road between Doral Drive and Waterford Lane
- Klein Road
- Arbor Avenue between Washington Street and National Street
- Arbor Avenue between Hawthorne Lane and IL Route 59
- North Oak Street between Washington Street and Grand Lake Boulevard
- Wood Street and Geneva Street
- Ann Street between Church Street and Joliet Street
- Church Street between Town Road and Wood Street
- Norris Avenue between Ann Street and Washington Street
- Lyman Street between Stimmel Street and Church Street
- Stimmel Street between Lyman Street and Sherman Street
- Conde Street between Blakely Street and Sycamore Avenue
- Clayton Street
Streets on the list that are not addressed in 2017 are typically scheduled to be addressed in subsequent years. The proposed work involves sawcutting, or routing, primary cracks in the pavement and sealing those cracks at various City streets adjacent to your property. The main reasons for this street maintenance program are to protect the street surface and extend the pavement life expectancy. Please be aware that airborne dust will result during crack routing and compressed air cleaning operations. You are advised to close all windows to prevent dust from entering your home and/or vehicle(s) during the duration of the construction activities.
During operations, it is essential that no cars be in the way of the contractor’s equipment. Please avoid parking on the street while this work is being performed. The material can be driven over shortly after sealing operations and dry sand may also be used to prevent tracking from the tires. The material should be completely cured within a period of 24 to 48 hours, depending on the weather conditions.
Please note that construction activities are scheduled between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Saturday at all project locations.
If you should have any questions regarding the 2017 Crack Sealing Program, please contact Tomasz Tretowicz, Project Engineer, with Thomas Engineering Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (217) 419-1709.
For your safety and the safety of the workers, please obey all traffic control signs and flagging operations during the construction process. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience in this manner.
Si necesita una versión en Español de este documento favor de ponerse en contacto con Valeria Lopez al (630) 293-2200 ext. 170.