November 24, 2017 – January 19, 2018
The West Chicago Environmental Commission is once again helping to keep the holiday “green” this season by coordinating the free recycling of strands of incandescent and LED holiday lights and extension cords that no longer work.
Residents, businesses, clubs, churches and organizations may drop-off these items at designated bins at following locations from November 24, 2017 – January 19, 2018:
- City Hall, 475 Main Street
- First United Methodist Church of West Chicago, 643 East Washington Street
- Murphy Ace Hardware, 319 South Neltnor Boulevard
- West Chicago Water Treatment Plant, 1400 West Hawthorne Lane
- West Chicago Public Library District, 118 West Washington Street
- The ARC Center, 201 W. National Street
The program is coordinated with Elgin Recycling, which collects these items to strip and recycle for their copper and plastic parts. The company is a full service scrap metal business serving the area for more than 30 years. Last year 602 pounds were collected and kept out of landfills.