Gallery Theater of West Chicago will hold auditions for Harvey by Mary Chase, directed by Jack Smith.
This timeless comedy classic is the story of Elwood P. Dowd and his friend Harvey, an invisible six-and-a-half-foot rabbit. Set in the 1940s, as is the case with many classics, the message it delivers is timeless.
Auditions will be held:
Sunday, December 2, 2018 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Monday, December 3, 2018 from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
There is No Pay.
Rehearsals begin immediately upon being cast based on cast availability and will break over the holidays.
The play runs three weekends:
February 15,16, 17, and 22, 23, 24, 2019 and March 1,2,3, 2019.
- Elwood P. Dowd – 40’s-50’s An extremely accepting person who enjoys everything about life. Elwood’s best friend is Harvey, an invisible six-foot-tall rabbit.
- Veta Louise Simmons – 50’s-60’s Elwood’s sister, who is embarrassed by Elwood and his friend Harvey.
- Myrtle Mae Simmons – 20’s-30’s Daughter of Veta and niece of Elwood.
- Ethel Chauvenet – 60’s-70’s An old friend of the family and a distinguished member of the town’s social circle, which Veta wants Myrtle to break into.
- Dr. William B. Chumley – 50’s-60’s An esteemed psychiatrist and the head of the sanitarium.
- Betty Chumley – 50’s-60’s Dr. Chumley’s wife who is more concerned with socializing than with science.
- Judge Omar Gaffney – 50’s+ A family friend of the Dowds.
- Dr. Lyman Sanderson – 20’s-30’s A highly qualified psychiatrist who was hand-picked by Dr. Chumley.
- Wilson – 20’s-40’s The orderly at Chumley’s Rest, who can be a little impatient.
- Ruth Kelly -20’s – 30’s The nurse at the sanitarium that befriends Elwood.
- J. Lofgren – Any Age A cab driver who has seen it all
Auditions will be held at 129 Main St, West Chicago. Before scheduling an audition, please check your GPS for this location, as Gallery Theater is in the City of West Chicago (zip code 60185), not Chicago. A Metra station is approximately 2 blocks from the Theater.
Schedule appointments by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Monologues are not required. Audition sides from the script will be provided when an audition appointment is confirmed. Walk-ins are welcome as time permits.
For more information about Gallery Theater, visit http://www.gallerytheaterstudio.com/.
*Content is courtesy of Gallery Theater.