Gallery Theater of West Chicago prepares for new season
The Gallery Theater of West Chicago has announced it will hold auditions for Brownstone, written by Catherine Butterfield, directed by Gail Cannata on Sunday, August 5, 2018 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. and Monday, August 6, 2018 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m., at 129 Main Street, West Chicago.
There is no pay for performances and rehearsals begin the week of August 13, 2018, based on cast availability. The play will run September 21,22, 23, 28, 29, & 30. Show times are at 7:30 p.m. for Friday and Saturday performances and 3:00 p.m. for Sunday performances.
Three points of time converge in a New York brownstone, spanning eighty-years and encompassing the lives of three pairs of people. There are newlyweds Stephen and Davia, who long to move to Paris; aspiring actresses Maureen and Deena who struggle to get their big break; and engaged Jessica and Jason who find their relationship complicated by an unexpected pregnancy. With nothing but the roof above their head in common, all the characters share in their New York experiences of compromising ambition, falling in love, and making memories.
Characters being sought are:
- Davia, 24 in 1937, a frustrated socialite longing for love and adventure
- Stephen, 26 in 1937, a New York journalist, in love with Davia
- Deena, 22 in 1978, a rich girl from Texas who wants to be a star, fresh from college to the Big City
- Maureen, 22 in 1978, a Midwest beauty, aspiring actress, Deena’s former classmate and now her roommate
- Jason, 26 in 1999, a high-powered commodities broker
- Jessica, 25 in 1999, Jason’s similarly driven wife, an advertising executive
- David, 26 in 2001, Davia and Stephen’s grandson (played by the same actor cast as Stephen)
Those interested in auditioning should schedule appointments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Prepared monologues are encouraged but not required. Audition sides from the script will be provided when audition time is reserved. Walk-ins are welcome as time permits.
(Please note: Gallery Theater is in the City of West Chicago 60185, not Chicago. Please check GPS for location before scheduling an audition.