The Commission meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. The Commission has one vacancy.
The functions of the Commission include the following:
The functions of the West Chicago Environmental Commission shall be:
(1) To collect general environmental and/or technical information as may pertain to the quality of life within the city and to make such material available to the mayor and city council.
(2) To alert the mayor and city council to state and federal laws relative to the environment which may require attention and/or action on the part of the council.
(3) To make recommendations to the mayor and city council for adoption of policies, programs and/or goals which would improve or sustain the environment of the city and which would not conflict with state or federal laws.
(4) To provide an annual report to the council,
(5) To complete the work plan provided by the council upon review of the annual report.
(6) To perform such other duties and functions as may be requested of it by the city council from time to time.
Commission Members Dan Beebe (Chairperson), Robert Blaus, Kristine Zimmerman, Bethany Brown, Anna Leuer and Ethan J. Young.
View the Environmental Commission's Agendas and Meeting Minutes.
The purpose of the Environmental Commission is to research, discuss and recommend to City Council various environmental programs and policies that would facilitate the protection and improvement of the environment, efficient management of natural resources, promote a sustainable community, and enhance the aesthetic appearance of the city.