Saturday, May 18, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Downtown West Chicago
Spring is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than West Chicago Blooming Fest! Blooming Fest features over 80 vendors selling a wide variety of plants, garden accessories, yard art, jewelry, clothing, crafts, beauty products and more. Attendees also won’t want to miss the delicious food, children’s activities, live entertainment, car show, and exhibits of local art. Entry is free to the public.
The City will be celebrating the CN EcoConnexions From the Ground Up Grant for our 2019 Tree Planting Program beginning at the Main Stage Opening Ceremony and throughout the day at the City table and the Environmental Commission table. Please stop by and welcome America in Bloom representative Bill Hahn and a representative from CN, and learn more about this wonderful program.
General Overview Map w Parking - .pdf 838kb
Vendor List and Map - .pdf 1MB
- West Chicago Garden Club Plant Sale – 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. stock up on natives, annuals, perennials, and vegetable seedlings.
- Coffee with the Mayor from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at the City tent, provided by Kindred Coffee Roasters
- Chicago Corvette Club Car Show – 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. check out all the cars on display while your children race matchbox cars down the Kids’ Track. Kids can keep the cars in return for donations to Lurie Children’s Hospital.
- Healthy West Chicago & U of I Extension – 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. dial gauge pressure canner testing 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. nutrition education.
- Gallery 200 (103 W Washington St) – 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Free make-your-own butterfly activity, artist demonstrations (see demo schedule and descriptions below), and a silent auction with proceeds to support the local art community (need not be present to win).
- Master Gardener Help Desk, U of I Extension – 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Get all of your gardening questions answered by the Masters.
- City Museum – 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Community Banner Project Reception, and from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Home Exhibit Artist Reception (132 Main St.)
Main Stage Live Entertainment (subject to change)
Sponsored by People Made Visible and Healthy West Chicago
- 9:00 a.m. Festival Opening Ceremony & CN EcoConnexions From the Ground Up Grant Celebration
- 9:45 a.m. Cultural Arts Commission Butterfly Presentation
- 10:15 a.m. Kickboxing Demonstration - Power Boxing & Fitness
- 10:45 a.m. Presentation of the 2019 Community Banner Artists
- 11:30 a.m. Amanda Myketiak - Vocalist
- 12:00 p.m. Roger Kotecki - Musical Performance
- 12:30 p.m. Cooking Demonstration by The Kitchen Table
- 1:00 p.m. Amanda Myketiak - Vocalist
- 1:30 p.m. On Pointe Dance Academy Presentation
- 2:00 p.m. More Than Molecules Band
- 3:00 p.m. Festival Closing Remarks
Gallery 200 Artist Demonstrations
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Watercolors
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Wire crochet jewelry by Marita Valdizan
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Oils
Food Vendors (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- Cheesie’s Food Truck (until 2:00 p.m. – grilled cheese sandwiches, tater tots, and soft drinks
- Crust Culture – wood fired pizzas
- Kindred Coffee Roasters – coffee, tea, muffins, cookies
- Padi House & Grill –build-your-own Indonesian rice, veggies, stew, chicken, beef, tofu, green beans, fried bananas, and ice cream
- Kool Kat Ice Cream – ice cream and custard
- Little Jimmy’s Italian Ice – Italian ice
- Timbo’s Licorice Ropes – licorice ropes, imported from Spain, over 20 flavors
Public parking within walking distance of the festival is available at the following locations:
City Hall (475 Main Street)
Metra Train Station (508 Main Street)
Republic Bank (101 Main Street)
District 94’s Administrative Office (157 W. Washington Street)
Water’s Edge Bible Church (209 S. Oakwood Avenue)
For questions or to learn how to get involved, contact Bethany Bayci, Special Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"There are many wonderful things about living and working in West Chicago, but nothing captures the spirit of our City quite as much as our community festivals. Our calendar of special events promises year-round family fun and offers something for everyone." ~ Mayor Ruben Pineda