The City of West Chicago has partnered with CrimeReports to provide citizens access to crime information in near real-time. Each day, crimes will be updated so citizens have police information that is relevant and meaningful to them.
CrimeReports is free to the public and will allow citizens the ability to see what types of crimes are occurring near their home or business.
Information Sheet - .pdf 193 kb
What can this website do?
- Show Details - Offers the option to ‘Sort by’ crime, date, or distance from your chosen location.
- Advanced Search - Select the type of crime you are interested in seeing on the map and the date range (up to six months in 30 day increments).
- Sex Offenders - Display official sex offender data, including a photo, with link to the State Sex Offender Registry, which contains conviction information.
- Details - Click an incident marker to see details for that incident. This symbol indicates there is more than one incident to view, so you must click “Next”.
- List and Map Views - The data will be displayed on the map and information is printable in list form under ‘Show Details’ tab.
- Zoom - You may zoom in and out to see incidents for the entire city or just your block, using either ‘Map’ or ‘Satellite’ format.
- Create Alert - Once you have displayed a specific area that you are concerned about on the map, this tab allows you to monitor updates for that area. You may choose to be notified daily or weekly, and you will automatically receive an email if there are any incidents in your alert area. You can create different alerts for home, rental property, child’s school, or whatever area(s) you are interested in.
CrimeReports displays West Chicago’s Police Department’s calls for service NOT final reports. The data is provided without warranty or any representation of accuracy, timeliness, or completeness. It is the responsibility of the user to determine appropriateness of its use. The City of West Chicago makes no warranties, expressed or implied, to the use of the data.
For more information contact the West Chicago Police Department Community Relations Officer at (630) 293-2222.