The City of West Chicago's Police Deparment is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Police Officer. View the details below, and submit an application online by Friday, June 23, 2023, at 2 p.m.
For questions regarding the application, required documents or testing, please contact IOS Recruitment at (800)-343-HIRE, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$77,537 (Effective January 1, 2023)
- Applicants for the examination shall be citizens of the United States.
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License.
- Eligible applicants must be at least 20 years of age and have successfully completed two (2) years of law enforcement studies at an accredited college or university. Other applicants not having such must be 21 years of age. Applicants shall be under 35 years of age unless the applicant qualifies for an exemption as specified in Illinois Compiled Statutes, Chapter 65, Section 5/10-1-7 (j) of an Act entitled Civil Service in Cities.
- Completion and submission of an application and all required documents listed below by the application deadline.
Please note, if applying for this position, applicants must attend one of the following testing sessions.
- (In-Person) Saturday, July 22, 2023 at 8 a.m. at the West Chicago Community High School at 326 Joliet Street, West Chicago, Illinois 60185.
- (Online) Week of July 24, 2023, during regular business hours. Applicants will be able to participate online, with tranining be proctored virtually. Exact dates and times will be determined at a later time. Please visit IOS Recruitment's website to view the requirements for participating in online training.
Additional Testing Information
The top 60 candidates who achieve a passing score on the written examination will be invited to the mandatory oral interview. Interviews will be conducted by the West Chicago Civil Service Commission. The written exam and oral interview scores will be combined for your ranking on the Initial Eligibility Register.
At the time of the Initial Eligibility Register, those meeting the qualifications for the veteran preference and education preference will have the opportunity to claim points.
Additional details will be provided at a later time.