The following press release is courtesy of DuPage County.
On Tuesday, DuPage County’s Division of Transportation announced its 2021 Highway Capital Program, which focuses on maintaining and improving the County’s infrastructure.
The 2021 Highway Capital Program proposes nearly $32 million to maintain existing infrastructure while also implementing projects to improve safety and relieve congestion. Seventy lane miles of DuPage County highway are due to be patched and resurfaced under the plan. These projects will improve
rideability and extend the service life of existing pavement.
“Using a combination of County and federal funds, DuPage County’s construction program provides a comprehensive, cost-efficient approach to ensuring our roads are safe and accessible for the duration of their service life,” said Transportation Committee Chairman Don Puchalski. “In addition, several larger projects will reduce congestion and improve overall mobility for residents, workers and visitors in DuPage County.”
The larger projects to be constructed in 2021 include:
- Intersection improvements and resurfacing of 31st Street from Meyers Road to York Road;
- Intersection improvements and resurfacing of Grand Avenue from Lake Street to County Line Road;
- Shoulder improvements and resurfacing of Kress Road from Hawthorne Lane to IL Route 38;
- New sidewalk along 63rd Street/Hobson Road from Woodridge Drive to Janes Avenue; and
- Intersection improvements at Geneva Road and Bloomingdale Road.
In addition to these larger projects, roadways to be resurfaced include:
- Bartlett Road from Stearns Road to Schick Road;
- Gary Avenue from Lawrence Avenue to Army Trail Road;
- Maple Avenue/Chicago Avenue from Cascade Drive to Julian Street;
- Medinah Road from IL Route 390 to Irving Park Road;
- Midwest Road/Cass Avenue from I-88 to Ogden Avenue;
- Schmale Road from North Avenue to Geneva Road;
- Stearns Road from County Line Road to IL Route 59;
- Winfield Road from Butterfield Road to Warrenville Road; and
- Wood Dale Road from Devon Avenue to north of Irving Park Road.
For additional information and to view a full list of the DuPage County transportation projects, visit www.dupageco.org/dot/construction.