The City’s contractor, Brother’s Asphalt Paving, Inc., has started construction in the following areas as part of the City’s 2023 Roadway Rehabilitation Project. Residents in these affected areas were provided a construction notice of the upcoming work.
- Nor-Oaks Court from Arbor Avenue to the end of Nor-Oaks Court
- National Street from Yale Street to Ingalton Avenue
- Ingalton Avenue from E. Grand Lake Boulevard to the City Limits near Lee Road
- Grove Avenue from N. Oak Street to the end of Grove Avenue
- Oak Street from Grove Avenue to E. Grand Lake Boulevard
- Elmwood Avenue from Ingalton Avenue to Neltnor Boulevard
- Wendall Avenue from Ingalton Avenue to Neltnor Boulevard
- Grand Lake Boulevard from Ingalton Avenue to Neltnor Boulevard
- Grand Lake Boulevard from Fremont Street to the end of W. Grand Lake Boulevard
- Elliot Avenue from W. Grand Lake Boulevard to the end of Elliot Avenue
- Brentwood Drive from Forest Avenue to the end of Brentwood Drive
- Hahn Place from Forest Avenue to Dale Avenue
View a map of the project locations on the City website.
Construction activities in these areas are scheduled for Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Project is anticipated to be substantially complete by July 2023.
During construction hours, traffic flow may be temporarily restricted with all streets being open to traffic at the end of each business day. In addition, access to driveways may also be temporarily restricted. If driveway access is restricted, overnight street parking will be permitted for those residents affected by driveway construction.
Please obey all other local parking restrictions and signage. If overnight street parking is required at your residence during construction please notify the City’s Police Department at (630) 293-2222 or submit an online request on the City’s website.
Residents seeking reasonable accessibility accommodations during construction, may contact Jake Kelley, Resident Engineer, at (815) 878-6492 or email@example.com. All general inquiries may be directed to Dave Shah, P.E., Assistant Director of Public Works, at (630) 293-2255, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the 2023 Roadway Rehabilitation Project
The City of West Chicago’s 2023 Roadway Rehabilitation Project is locally funded and administered by the City.
Proposed improvements include: pavement resurfacing and patching; sidewalk, curb, and gutter replacement; installation of ADA-compliant sidewalk ramps; sanitary and storm sewer and manhole repairs; parkway restoration; and new pavement markings.