Virtual Cook Along Cooking Classes: Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Food Provided) Bilingual: There will be a designated time for participants to pick up the supplies at the West Chicago Library District. In partnership with the West Chicago Library District.
- May 19: Register: Cooking at Home with HWC-Lentil Mango Salad
- June 16: White Bean Avocado Wrap with Northwest Apple Salad. Register: https://bit.ly/3eYr3tx
- July 21:Tabbouleh with Pita Bread and Spicy Bean Dip. Register: https://bit.ly/2QnaQ7b
- Aug 18: Sweet Potato Nachos with Homemade Salsa. Register: https://bit.ly/3s3GtjT
Virtual Prep Ahead Meals Series: Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Register: Prep Ahead Series (No Food Provided)
- May 20: Prep Ahead Proteins for Nutritious Lunch or Dinner
- May 27: Prep Ahead Simple Snack Ideas: No Bake Bites
- June 3: Plan Ahead for a Balanced Breakfast: Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls
Virtual Cooking Demos: Wednesdays 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. (No Food Provided) Bilingual In partnership with the West Chicago Library District.
- June 23:Blackened Fish with Strawberry Kiwi Salsa. Register: https://bit.ly/3fa41An
- July 28:Southwest Turkey Burgers and sweet Potato Fries. Register:https://bit.ly/3cOelLx
- Aug 25: Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Pineapple Salsa. Register: https://bit.ly/3r4oQPG
Virtual Family Cooking Club: Mondays July 26-August 17 at 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (Food Provided) In partnership with the West Chicago Library District.
- The lessons are geared towards kids ages 7-12 years of age.
- There will be a designated time for parents to pick up the supplies at the West Chicago Library for the club which includes ingredients for 4 meals, a kid’s safety knife, cutting board and apron.
- Register: https://bit.ly/3h0d0F5
Yoga on the Lawn: Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. June 1- July 27 (In-person) In partnership with the West Chicago Library District.
- Classes will be on the Lawn at the West Chicago Public Library District: 118 W. Washington St. West Chicago
- Register: https://bit.ly/3c78uld
**In-person classes are limited due to social distancing guidelines at this time.
West Chicago 2021 Wellness Challenge In partnership with the City of West Chicago and WeGo Together for Kids.
- Engage in fun Wellness activities and earn bonus steps to help you achieve your goals. Following each activity, a QR code will appear, scan the code and automatically receive bonus steps. Once the Challenge has started, just press the ‘Bonus Activities’ selector ** in the Heka Well Challenge App and select Scan-In. Scan-In: Join any of the fun activities and scan the QR codes using the Challenge App at the following locations and receive bonus steps.
- Join the challenge: www.hekahealth.com/healthywestchicago21