Spring is a great time to adopt a fresh and healthy lifestyle. Healthy West Chicago has provided a number of great activities to help you do so.
Healthy West Chicago’s mission is to ensured that all residents of West Chicago have access to an optimal state of health and wellness.
- Cooking Class- Cook along with instructor: Food Provided- Wednesdays at 6PM-7:30PM (Bilingual)
- April 14:Register: Cooking at Home with HWC: Zucchini Noodles with Veggie “Meat”balls
- April 21: Register: Cooking at Home with HWC: Veggie Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust
- May 12: Register: Cooking at Home with HWC-Ratatouille
- May 19: Register: Cooking at Home with HWC-Lentil Mango Salad
- Prep Ahead Meals Series: Thursdays at 6PM-7PM. Register: Prep Ahead Series
- May 20: Prep Ahead Proteins for Nutritious Lunch or Dinner
- May 27: Prep Ahead Simple Snack Ideas: No Bake Bites
- June 3: Plan Ahead for a Balanced Breakfast: Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls
- Virtual Workouts – Get your heart pumping and blood flowing during this short, but effective 20-minute session: Mondays: April 12 – 26, and May 3 at 6 PM
- West Chicago 2021 Wellness Challenge:
Engage in fun Wellness activities and earn bonus steps to help you achieve your goals. Following each activity, a QR code will appear, scan the code and automatically receive bonus steps. Once the Challenge has started, just press the ‘Bonus Activities’ selector ** in the Heka Well Challenge App and select Scan-In.
Scan-In: Join any of the fun activities and scan the QR codes using the Challenge App and receive bonus steps.