Mayor Ruben Pineda gave the Mayoral State of the City address on Monday, May 16 to an audience of community partners and organizations.
Mayor Pineda provided details regarding exciting happenings within the City of West Chicago, and also provided updates on some of the different achievements and highlights the City has experienced over the past year.
Notable highlights from the Mayor’s address include:
- Completion of over $3.7 million in infrastructure projects
- Announcement of numerous grant funds being allocated to West Chicago, including $3.7 million in America Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding
- Initiation of a site plan for a park at the Kerr-McGee Superfund Site
- Issuance of building permits for the lift station at the Cascade Drive-In Movie Theatre
- Approval of a new Comprehensive Plan and Economic Development Plan
- Announcement of return of all the City’s community events for 2022
The full transcript of Mayor Pineda’s speech can be found on the City’s website.