The City of West Chicago, Illinois is seeking an energetic individual with strong organizational, communication, inter-personal, and writing skills to serve as its Special Events Coordinator. This individual is responsible for professionally planning and promoting events that may range widely in scope. Individual will be expected to communicate effectively with participants, vendors, performers, volunteers, the public, City departments, and community agencies in facilitating event objectives. This position is part of the Community Development Department and reports directly to the Director of Community Development.
Some specific duties include:
- Plans and implements downtown, and occasionally other, events that range widely in scope.
- Coordinates logistics including equipment, public safety concerns, and code compliance.
- Monitors and adheres to event budgets.
- Purchases and manages event supplies, resources, bookings and equipment.
- Assists in the creation of marketing materials for events including online promotion.
- Coordinates and leads meetings.
- Responsible for a variety of administrative duties as well as professional assistance to the public and the department, including research and data collection.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two – Three years previous experience in special event planning.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Computer proficiency (graphic design experience a plus).
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends dependent upon specific event.
- Ability to work outside for specific events with exposure to the elements.
Salary DOQ. Send resume, letter of interest and three professional references to:
Ms. Carol LeBeau, Human Resources Coordinator,
City of West Chicago 475 Main Street, West Chicago, IL 60185, or email at email@example.com. Position open until filled. EOE