Three West Chicago service clubs, the West Chicago Lions Club, Rotary Club of West Chicago and Kiwanis of West Chicago are collaborating on an effort to give back to community. The groups have announced a joint coat drive, which has been spearheaded by the West Chicago Lions Club in past years. All three service organizations have been busy collecting winter coats for the community since September 21, 2018.
Last year, the West Chicago Lions Club handed out more than 700 coats. This year, through this collaboration, they hope to provide more than 1,000 coats, as well as provide hats and gloves to keep West Chicago families in need warm.
The coat drive will continue until November 17, 2018, the day of the distribution of coats, and new or gently worn coats can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Republic Bank – 101 Main St and 105 Roosevelt Rd
- FNBC Bank – 600 E Washington St
- Kindred Coffee – 148 W Washington St
- City Hall – 475 Main St
- Park District – ARC Center – 201 W National St
- Ball Horticultural – 622 Town Rd
- Augustino’s Rock and Roll Deli – 300 E North Ave
- Murphy’s Ace Hardware – 319 S Neltnor Blvd
- The UPS Store – 1879 N Neltnor Blvd
- West Chicago Community High School – 326 Joliet St
- West Chicago Public Library – 118 W Washington St
The winter coat giveaway will take place at the First United Methodist Church, 643 E. Washington St., West Chicago, IL 60185 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., on November 17, 2018. One coat will be given to each family member present.
Organizers ask those able to donate to please do so, as the need is great. For more information, contact Frank Lenertz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 332-2429.