The following is a message from Pace Bus.
Flier – .pdf
As we continue with the phased and cautious reopening of our region, we recognize our responsibility to operate safely, serve a critical public need, and communicate transparently. We’re ready when you are.
Effective 12:01 a.m. on Monday, June 22, all riders will be required to pay fares on all bus routes, On Demand services, Dial-a-Rides, and ADA Paratransit services.
To support efforts to continue to schedule single-passenger ADA Paratransit trips as ridership allows, we will waive fares on City of Chicago Taxi Access Program (TAP) trips until further notice.
Rear-door boarding on bus routes will no longer be permitted.
All service suspensions remain in effect. We will monitor demand and be prepared to reintroduce services as resources allow and people return to work and regular activities.
We will continue to:
• Prioritize the safety of our passengers and personnel
• Deep clean and sanitize vehicles daily
• Clean high touch surfaces throughout the day
• Provide operators with PPE
• Limit seating where possible to encourage social distancing
• Keep indoor spaces closed
• Limit on board passengers and add extra vehicles to routes as we are able • Temporarily waive TAP fares
Please do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus):
• Wear a facemask on Pace buses (per Executive Order 2020-32)
• Wash your hands, cover your cough, don’t touch your face, and stay home if you are sick!
• Give operators and other riders space; board and take your seat promptly • Reconsider unnecessary travel
• Use your Ventra Card to pay fares and limit crowding at the front of the bus • Check if service is running regularly on your route
• Ride with a personal care attendant if you need physical assistance
• Please exit through the rear door whenever possible
As the situation develops, Pace’s response may change. Stay informed by signing up for email alerts at Pacebus.com. Information about Pace’s response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) at available at PaceBus.com/Health.