The City of West Chicago is pleased to announce a one-year pilot program with Ride DuPage for seniors and disabled residents, beginning April 25, 2019. The program will provide paratransit services anywhere in DuPage County, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Ride DuPage Transportation Program
Ride DuPage is a subsidized transportation service for City of West Chicago seniors and those with disabilities. This program is sponsored by City of Warrenville, City of West Chicago, and Winfield Township in cooperation with Pace Suburban Bus Services.
The basic Ride DuPage Program service information is as follows:
- Service is available to seniors (65 years and older) and persons with disabilities age 16 and over (with a RTA Reduced Fare Card) who reside within the City of West Chicago (Winfield Township only).
- Ride DuPage participants will be able to travel anywhere within DuPage County.
- Service is available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Trip requests are accepted up to 7 days in advance with a minimum of one day in advance to guarantee a trip.
- Registered Ride DuPage users can schedule a ride between 6:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday by calling 1-800-713-7445 or TTY 1-800-713-7415.
- Cancellations MUST be made a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the originally scheduled trip. If a trip is missed or cancelled less than 30 minutes prior to arrive, this is considered a No Show and the rider will be billed $10.00 for each incident. Three (3) or more incidents within a three (3) month period will result in suspension from the Program.
- Fares will be paid in cash. Fares will be $2.00 flag pull and $1.00 per mile traveled.
- The first companion will ride free.
- For a group reservation (3 or more riders), the rider who makes the reservation will pay the regular rate of $2.00 flag pull and $1.00 per mile traveled; the companion rides free; and each additional companion will pay a $1.50 flat fee.
In order to use Ride DuPage, you must be a registered participant. To apply, please do one of the following:
- Print the application online. Complete the application and return to the City of West Chicago via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail application to West Chicago Ride DuPage, 475 Main Street, West Chicago, IL 60185.
- Note: If you are disabled and younger than 65, you must send a copy of your RTA reduced fare/ride free card in with your application.
- Call City Hall at (630) 293-2200 x123 to request information and application.
Once the application has been received by City staff, it will take approximately 24-48 hours for your registration to be processed by Pace. You may call Pace/Ride DuPage to confirm registration prior to using the program. Call (800) 713-7445.
Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to the City of West Chicago at (630) 293-2200 x123.