Annual Business Registration Renewal
All for-profit (businesses) and non-profit (governmental agencies, religious and charitable) organizations within the corporate limits of West Chicago are required to renew their Business Registration on an annual basis. The renewal fee is $30.00 if the application and payment are received by December 31 of each calendar year. The fee increases to $110.00 for applications and payments received on January 1 or after. While non-profits are exempt from paying the fee, the Registration Renewal Application is still required.
2023 Business Registration Renewal Application
The Business Registration Renewal Application has been revised for 2023. Two of the biggest changes to this year’s renewal process are 1) completely online application with questions tailored to the specifics of your business and 2) an online payment option.
The form has been expanded to allow a better understanding of the business community and provide more relevant information based on responses received. Collecting the following information prior to starting the updated application will expedite the submittal process:
- Find your NAICS Code – Search for your NAICS online at https://www.naics.com/search/ for your primary business activity (generally the activity that generates the most revenue). If you have an SIC Code, use the NAICS & SIC Crosswalk Tool to determine the corresponding NAICS Code.
- Tax Exempt Organizations need to submit a copy of the IRS Determination Letter.
- All Taxable Businesses must submit your Illinois Department of Revenue Account number (this is an 8-digit number in the following format: 1234-1234).
- Contact information will be required for the Business Owner, Applicant, Onsite/Local Manager and Primary Business Contact, which includes Name, Email & Cell or Direct Phone Number.
- Property-specific information is required for EACH location occupied by the business, which includes the Number of Shifts, Number of Employees, Square Footage of the Space, Use of Space, Type of Storage (if any), Info about Hazardous Materials and Emergency Contacts.
- There are two contacts to be provided as Emergency Contacts for EACH location. They can be the same two contacts for all locations but there must be at least two separate contacts listed. These can include the Business Owner, Applicant or Onsite/Local Manager but could also be the Property Manager, Property Owner or someone else. Be prepared to provide a cell/direct phone number for these contacts as well as emails.
Online payments are now being accepted through the State of Illinois E-Pay System. The application will provide a link with instructions on how to pay online. Once completed, upload a copy of the receipt to the application before it is submitted. Alternatively, checks are still accepted and can be submitted in-person, through the drop box at City Hall or via mail.
An optional survey has been added that, if completed, includes valuable information that will enable more targeted assistance and/or share applicable business/funding opportunities.
Once the applicable information has been collected, click the button below to start the 2023 Business Registration Renewal. Remember that the renewal application and fee is due by December 31 to avoid the increased fee of $110.00.
Upon submitting the form, a thank you message will be displayed and the business owner will receive an email with the responses submitted. If the thank you message does not appear or the business owner does not receive the confirmation email, the application process is not complete. If this happens, review the form to complete any required fields that are blank. For assistance with the renewal form, contact Kelley Chrisse, Economic Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-818-3331.
Notices and reminders about registration renewal will be sent out via email. Be sure to add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as safe senders to ensure receipt of these very important business registration and community updates.