Annual Business Registration Renewal
All for-profit (businesses) and non-profit (governmental agencies, religious and charitable) organizations within the corporate limits of West Chicago are required to renew their Business Registration on an annual basis. The renewal fee is $30.00 if the application and payment are received by December 31st of each calendar year. While non-profits are exempt from paying the fee, the Registration Renewal Application is still required.
2024 Business Registration Renewal Application
The Business Registration Renewal Application is now available for 2024. Note that the renewal process requires: 1) the online application and 2) payment, unless exempt. Certificates are not issued for completion of the Business Registration Renewal.
Collecting the following information prior to starting the updated application will expedite the submittal process:
- Find your NAICS Code – Search for your NAICS online at https://www.naics.com/search/ for your primary business activity (generally the activity that generates the most revenue). If you have an SIC Code, use the NAICS & SIC Crosswalk Tool to determine the corresponding NAICS Code.
- Tax Exempt Organizations need to submit a copy of the IRS Determination Letter or a recent Form 990.
- All Taxable Businesses must identify your Federal Employer ID (FEIN), which is in the following format 11-1111111. Do NOT provide an SSN or ITIN.
- All Taxable Businesses must submit your Illinois Department of Revenue Account number (this is an 8-digit number in the following format: 1234-1234).
- Contact information will be required for the Business Owner, Applicant, Onsite/Local Manager and Primary Business Contact, which includes Name, Email & Cell or Direct Phone Number.
- Property-specific information is required for EACH location occupied by the business, which includes the Number of Shifts, Number of Employees, Square Footage of the Space, Use of Space, Type of Storage (if any), Info about Hazardous Materials and Emergency Contacts.
- There are two contacts to be provided as Emergency Contacts for EACH location. They can be the same two contacts for all locations but there must be at least two separate contacts listed. These can include the Business Owner, Applicant or Onsite/Local Manager but could also be the Property Manager, Property Owner or someone else. Be prepared to provide a cell/direct phone number for these contacts as well as emails.
Once the applicable information has been collected, click to start the 2024 Business Registration Renewal. Remember that the renewal application and fee is due by December 31st to avoid additional fees.
Upon submitting the form, a thank you message will be displayed and the applicant will receive an email with the responses submitted. If the thank you message does not appear or the applicant does not receive the confirmation email, the application was not submitted. If this happens, review the form to complete any required fields that are blank. After the form is submitted, you are able to edit the form by clicking on the "Edit Submission"" link at the bottom of the confirmation email.
Payments can be made:
- In-person with cash, check, or credit (no processing fee) at the Community Development counter in City Hall (475 Main St, West Chicago, IL).
- Via mail or the drop box at City Hall by check - be sure to include your business name in the memo with "Business Registration" to ensure it gets applied properly.
- Online through the State of Illinois E-Pay System (processing fee applies). The application will provide a link with instructions on how to pay online.
For assistance with the online form, contact Kelley Chrisse, Economic Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-818-3331. Appointments should be made to ensure availability.
Notices and reminders about registration renewal will be sent out via email. Be sure to add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as safe senders to ensure receipt of these very important business registration and community updates.