Parking on city streets is prohibited between the hours of 2:00am and 5:00am – violators will be ticketed. If you need to park your vehicle overnight you must contact the Police department by phone at (630) 293-2222 or submit your request using the Online Reporting System.
- Requests must be received prior to 2:00am cutoff.
- Overnight parking is limited to three (3) requests within a thirty (30) day period.
- Overnight parking cannot be granted for residents of multi-family (apartment) buildings.
- Overnight parking will not be granted when there is two inches or more of snow fall.
Citizen Online Reporting
Welcome to the West Chicago Police Department Online Reporting System
If this is an Emergency or you are requesting police services, please call 911. This system is not monitored on a 24/7 basis.
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency
- There are no injuries
- There are no known suspects
- This incident occurred within the West Chicago city limits
- There is no evidence to collect at the incident location
- There are no witnesses to the incident
The following crimes or reports may be submitted through the Online Reporting System:
Accidental Damage to Vehicle
Burglary from Motor Vehicle
Criminal Damage to Property/Vehicle under $300
Harassment by Electronic Communications
Theft Under $500 – No Suspect Information
Trespass to Vehicle – No Suspect Information
- All cases filed using the Online Reporting System will be reviewed
- Please allow 5 business days for your report to be processed through our records management system
- Upon review, if further investigation or additional information is needed, an officer will contact you
If you should have any questions about your report, please contact the West Chicago Police Department at (630) 293-2222, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Police Department will make every effort to check your residence while you are away. We cannot guarantee this will be done on a daily basis so please take all necessary safety precautions to safeguard your home and enlist the assistance of friends and neighbors to also check on your home. Homes for sale are not eligible for this program.
Register for the Vacation Watch Program through the Online Reporting System.