"Join the fun in Downtown West Chicago for the City’s 2nd Annual Food Festival on Saturday, October 12, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Nobody loves good food more than me, and we intend to make this an event the entire family will enjoy!"
~Mayor Ruben Pineda
After a successful inaugural event, West Chicago is proud to welcome the Food Festival back to Downtown West Chicago on Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Food will be available for purchase from a variety of vendors.
- Live performances by Guitarra Azul, Five Guys Named Moe, and Wild Daisy at the stage located on Galena Street between Main Street & High Street
- Cooking demonstrations sponsored by Healthy West Chicago
- Face painting and crafts sponsored by District 94 Child Development Students & FCCLA Club
- Inflatable axe throwing game, Ginat Jenga, Giant Connect 4, and other yard games
- Recipe challenge sponsored by the West Chicago City Museum at 132 Main Street, which allows guests to share their memories through food
- Bricks on Wheels
- Chesa’s Gluten Free Food Truck
- Gnarly Knots Pretzel Company
- Kindred Coffee Roasters
- Kona Ice – North Plainfield
- Cookies with Flavor
- Big Wang's Food Truck
- Jorge's Paleteria
- From Scratch Catering
- Imperfect Foods
- Taqueria Santa Barbara
- Sam's Honey Bee
- Popcorn Time
Stop by Gallery 200 at 103 West Washington Street to make your bid during the silent auction of select butterflies from The Butterfly Effect. Bidding will start at 11:00 a.m. with the last bid taken at 3:00 p.m. All bid prices will start at $100 per butterfly, with proceeds going to future public art projects in the community. Those winning the bid may pick their butterfly up either between 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Food Festival, or make arrangements for pick up the following week.
Public parking within walking distance of the festival is available at the following locations:
City Hall (475 Main Street)
Metra Train Station (508 Main Street)
Republic Bank (101 Main Street)
District 94’s Administrative Office (157 W. Washington Street)
Water’s Edge Bible Church (209 S. Oakwood Avenue)
Event Map - .pdf 963kb
For questions or to learn how to get involved, contact Bethany Bayci, Special Events Coordinator, at email@example.com.